Monday, September 22, 2008

Words from Jess....

This is an excerpt from Jess's blog... very nice...

"Made it to Oakland, MD today. My goal for the day was to not lose much time to Joel, who is a better rider on a faster bike. Were it not for his crash and one big navigation error, he would surely be in the lead right now. He has ridden exceptionally well throughout CB, and the way he’s been able to climb back up the rankings reflects that. My only big advantage is my gas tank and some comfort factors that let me stay in the saddle longer.
That coupled with some road closures today was enough to keep my lead, even though Joel beat me to the hotel by ten minutes or so. It was actually kind of fun trying to cope with the many obstacles today that Joel so handily dealt with as I struggled to keep up. In the end, I reached the limit on the chances I was willing to take, and let him go about 50 miles from the finish line. He flat-out outrode me, though, no doubt about it. Tomorrow is three timed legs and one parade leg, which will be a tour of DC. I think it’ll be cool, but I have some apprehension about the traffic that we are likely to get stuck in." -jess

This post made me feel really good, Jess. You are a good man, and a very gracious winner. I appreciate that very much.
-Jess is a great rider, and a great person, and I am really psyched to ride with him and Rich and Oz again soon, if not in the 2010 CBR. I need to figure out if I can go to amerivespa out there this coming time...

No comments: